#navbar-iframe { height:0px; visibility:hidden; display:none; } Espresso Passione Espresso Passione: Mazzer mod no.1 - the finger guard

Saturday, July 02, 2005

Mazzer mod no.1 - the finger guard

As I noted in my previous post (and knew to expect even before purchasing), the finger guard in the doser is a pain. It serves no practical purpose and I assume it is there only because of the eager lawyers for the morons who want to stick their fingers into the grinder while its on (would you?). I took mine off and keeping the doser and chute clean is now so much easier...



When I took the finger guard off, I was left with the holes on the sides of the doser. These holes probably would not have been a problem, but I decided to cover them anyway. Using the original bolts, new stainless 4 mm nuts (the originals were riveted to the finger guard and did not come off) and a couple of washers and voilá, modification completed in approximately 1 minute.

Easy mod with no downside, but one that yields huge benefits in daily use (less stale coffee caught in the grinder - better coffee).

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have found my hope..coffee in all it's finest forms is mt heaven..great information. cyen

Saturday, July 02, 2005  
Blogger Cyen said...

good machines..i could learn something here

Saturday, July 02, 2005  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Google
 
Web www.coffeegeek.com