One of the things that has gone less well is finishing our new home. The tiles we had on the floors for most of the downstairs were not available in stock anywhere and had to be ordered from the manufacturer in Italy. This we knew and were prepared for. We gave the specs (including the calibration and shade) of the batch that we already had on the floor and ordered the tiles.
As I noted before, we are looking to have a small dedicated espresso bar in the kitchen. No direct plumbing for now, though. In terms of the electrics, we needed 16 apms for the plugs at the bar (to run the GS3, the Mahlkönig and a wine cooler) and doing this took a bit more effort than we initially expected. No biggie, though.
But this is where things started going wrong. We have up until today been unable to unpack our stuff and more or less everything that can go wrong has gone wrong. I will not go into the details, but we have now been living out of our suitcases for almost a month now. Fortunately things are finally starting to look up and the floor and the kitched should be finished next week, finally... ...let's just hope that there will be no further setbacks.
One of the few things we have managed tp unpack is the GS3 and the grinder (you can probably make these out in the above picture if you click it to see a slightly larger image). However, another struggle has been finding good coffee in Finland. I knew this would be one of my biggest challenges and I have to say that there is some really nasty stuff out there. Fortunately I think I have found a spot that will do the trick for me. More on that (and the hopefully finished kitchen/bar/floor) soon...